Within a month of releasing the first 100 Quotations, literally thousands of copies were downloaded – I see there is a definite need for more! Here are another hundred quotations from unknown authors, starting with 101. So if you haven’t got the first 100, you can view them here on WordPress, or on my personal blog, or download them for free from Smashwords in most reader formats, iTunes, Reader Store and Barnes & Noble. These quotations will put life into perspective, plus give you lots to think about. Some are funny, others more serious, but with each comes a deep seeded message to become a better you.
101) Promise only what you can deliver. Then deliver more than you promise.
102) Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell.
103) People who wait for changes to occur on the outside before they commit to making changes on the inside will never make any changes at all.
104) We all leave footprints in the sand, the question is, will we be a big heal, or a great soul.
105) Growing old has its compensations: all the things you couldn’t have when you were young you no longer want.
106) Those that say you can’t take it with you never saw a car packed for a vacation trip!
107) I keep on seeing this daily in my life, hence I need to emphasize: It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste. How much time are you wasting?
108) Why do we want to test people for drugs and alcohol? Why don’t we test them from stupidity & greed? (Starting with politicians.) The whole world would be better.
109) Sometimes the best way to figure out who you are is to get to that place where you don’t have to be anything else.
110) The most important thing you wear is the expression on your face.
111) Character is like the foundation of a house – it is below the surface.
112) You are young at any age if you are planning for tomorrow.
113) Once you have learned to love, you will have learned to live.
114) If you are bitten by a snake, what’s the best thing to do? Remain calm, separate the poison from the rest of your body, suck the poison out. Worst thing to do: get upset, chase and kill snake. Same when someone strikes out at you verbally. Remain calm, don’t try to strike back at the other person. Don’t let the poison spread throughout your system.
115) Thinkers think and doers do. But until the thinkers do and the doers think, progress will be just another word in the already overburdened vocabulary of the talkers who talk.
116) A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others.
117) If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes!
118) The only way to see a rainbow is to look through the rain
119) If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn’t jump with them, I’d be at the bottom to catch them.
120) If you can’t see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
121) Fish lay thousands of eggs in silence, yet a chicken clucks and cackles a whole day long just to lay two eggs! Ha, ha thought that was really funny and true… those with the loudest mouths do the least!
122) When you blame others, you give up your power to change.
123) A man is getting along on the road to wisdom when he begins to realize that his opinion is just an opinion.
124) Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
125) If you love someone, put their name in a circle, instead of a heart, because hearts can break, but circles go on forever.
126) People always emphasize the negative. Why? No one puts up a sign: Beware – nice dog. Makes you think, huh?
127) It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste.
128) A smart person knows what to say, a wise person knows whether or not to say it!
129) You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
130) Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough.
131) Never think that the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon!
132) Every great achievement was once considered impossible… so think about that before you consider giving up!
133) Everything is okay in the end, if it’s not ok, then it’s not the end.
134) Time invested in improving ourselves cuts down on time wasted in disapproving of others.
135) The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
136) If people did not prefer reaping to sowing, there would not be a hungry person in the land. So when last have you given?
137) Mistakes are a great educator when one is honest enough to admit them and willing to learn from them.
138) Nothing improves the memory more than trying to forget!
139) Opportunities are often missed because we are broadcasting when we should be listening.
140) The shortest answer is… doing the thing.
141) The secret of success is to do all you can do without thought of success.
142) If you look for the positive things in life; you will find them.
143) Our five senses are incomplete without the sixth – a sense of humor.
144) Procrastination is the grave in which opportunity is buried.
145) Live life to the fullest, so that your memories will be part of your happiness.
146) It’s worth remembering that it’s when you run away, that you’re most likely to stumble!
147) Most people do not find life worth living; that’s because they do not realize that you have to MAKE it worth living.
148) A conscience is like a baby. It has to go to sleep before you can.
149) Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.
150) With children… it is a fact that most parents criticize children more than they laud or congratulate them. We tend to be quick to criticize, slow to praise. We should be careful to keep the praise and the expectations far ahead of the criticism.
151) Let me walk three weeks in the footsteps of my enemy, carry the same burden, have the same trials as he, before I say one word to criticize
152) The road to excellence is always under construction.
153) The greatest thing a man can do in this world is to make the most possible out of the stuff that has been given him. This is success, and there is no other.
154) If marriage is your object, you’d better start loving your subject
155) There is no point in arguing about matters of taste.
156) Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.
157) Love has more to do with letting go than holding on.
158) I am the best version of me. A true original. A one of a kind.
159) Always be flexible…that way you don’t get bent out of shape.
160) Let your LIGHT shine… it may be exactly what someone else needs to see.
161) Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about CREATING yourself.
162) We are all richer than we can ever imagine. And sometimes you have to redefine “rich” before you will realize it.
163) Basically, this quote is telling us to enjoy life to the fullest! should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO HOO, what a ride!”
164) Success is getting what you want. Happiness is liking what you get.
165) We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they’re called memories. Some take us forward, they’re called dreams.
166) Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others, cannot keep it from themselves.
167) Reach for the high apples first, you can get the low ones anytime.
168) Experience is the hardest teacher. It gives you the test first and lesson afterwards.
169) Happiness is a journey… not a destination.
170) Some people grin and bear it. Others smile and change it.
171) A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.
172) Friendship isn’t a big thing, it’s a million little things.
173) We may run, walk, stumble, drive or fly, but let us never lose sight of the reason for the journey.
174) In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.
175) Whatever your past has been your future is spotless.
176) The future lies before you, like paths of pure white snow. Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.
177) The young sailor at sea was ordered to climb a mast to adjust a sail during a violent storm. He got halfway up, looked down, got dizzy and sick. An old sailor on deck shouted up to him Look up, son, look up. Young sailor looked up, regained his composure, and completed his mission. Moral: Look ahead, not back.
178) The best vitamin for making friends, B-1.
179) Man strives for glory, honor, fame, so that all the world may know his name. Amasses wealth by brain and hand. Becomes a power in the land. But when he nears the end of life and looks back over the years of strife. He finds that happiness depends on none of these, but love of friends.
180) The successful man is the average man, focused.
181) No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated and disciplined.
182) Some people see more in a walk around the block than others see in a trip around the world.
183) The first rule of focus is ”Wherever you are be there.”
184) Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.
185) After all, life is really simple; we ourselves create the circumstances that complicate it.
186) I was dying to finish high-school and start college. Then I was dying to finish college and start working. Next, I was dying for my children to grow old enough for school, so I could return to work. Finally, I was dying to retire. And now, I am dying! Stop wishing your life away!
187) It doesn’t matter much where you live. It only matters how well you live when you’re there.
188) A life is like a tree – if you don’t make it straight when its young and green, you’ll never do it when it’s old and dry.
189) We seldom lose our faith by a blow out, usually is just a slow leak.
190) You cannot kindle a fire in any other heart until it is burning in your own.
191) You can always tell who the pioneers are because they have arrows in their back and are lying face down in the dirt. It is they that change the world. Remember, it is only when people criticize you that you are doing something right and taking others out of their comfort zone!
192) You can fail so very often. But you are not a failure until you give up.
193) A hard fall means a high bounce… if you’re made of the right material.
194) I didn’t know it was impossible when I did it.
195) On Failure: don’t fail, they give up! ‘re on the road to success when you realize that failure is only a detour. The glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time you fall. Success is the proper utilization of failure. If you’ve never failed you’ve never tried. Failure is not the worst thing in the world – the very worst is not to try.
196) Clowns wear a face that’s painted intentionally on them so they appear to be happy or sad. What kind of mask are you wearing today?
197) One thing about the school of experience is that it will repeat the lesson if you flunk the first time.
198) Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can reach. Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries and predecessors; try to be better than yourself.
199) Don’t be just another member of society, be a living example of your dreams and goals.
200) Live as you wish your kids would.
... and 5 more bonus quotations!
201) The real secret of happiness is not what you have or what you receive; it’s what you share.
202) You make a living by what you get, but you make a life by what you give.
203) Seek joy in what you give not in what you get. Thus, if you continually give, you will continually have.
204) Speak well of your enemies… you made them.
205) Why were the saints, saints? Because they were cheerful when it was difficult to be cheerful, patient when it was difficult to be patient; and because they pushed on when they wanted to stand still, and kept silent when they wanted to talk, and were agreeable when they wanted to be disagreeable. That was all. It was quite simple and always will be.