Welcome to the first book in a series of publications on quotations by unknown authors. Here you will find a collection of one hundred life philosophies, from unknown authors, that I trust, will put life into perspective and give you plenty to think about. Some are funny, others more serious, but with each comes a deep seeded message to help you become a better you.
1.) More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth. So dust off the cobwebs and use all those great ideas you have!
2.) Free advice is the kind that costs you nothing unless you act upon it.
3.) Opportunities are found by those who look for them. The bee has a sting but honey too… so look at every negative and make a positive out of it.
4.) Wake up and stop falling prey to the conditioning of the media and society around you. It’s only those people who are awake that live in a state of constant amazement.
5.) Most things which we think are impossible in life, is because we have never tried them. So go for every dream and opportunity before making a judgement.
6.) It’s important to focus on one thing at a time. Even in the Roman times they understood this with their Proverb; “The man who chases two rabbits catches none.”
7.) Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
8.) The best way to predict your future is to create it!
9.) Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticise them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.
10.) It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
11.) May your life be like toilet paper… Long and useful.
12.) If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito!
13.) Success comes in cans, failure in cant’s.
14.) The difference between an optimist and a pessimist is that an optimist thinks this is the best possible world. A pessimist fears that this is true.
15.) If at first you don’t succeed, then skydiving definitely isn’t for you!
16.) A foolish man tells a woman to stop talking, but a wise man tells her that her mouth is extremely beautiful when her lips are closed.
17.) Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
18.) The latest new dance craze is called, “The Politician.” It’s two steps forward, one step backward, and then a sidestep.
19.) A wise man does in the beginning, what a foolish man does in the end.
20.) If you can’t see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
21.) My favourite saying: A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!
22.) It’s all about your attitude… Some people complain because there are thorns on roses, while others praise thorns for having roses among them.
23.) A kiss is just a pleasant reminder that two heads are better than one.
24) How things look on the outside of us depends on how things are on the inside of us.
25) If you are facing in the right direction, all you have to do is keep on walking in order to reach your dreams.
26) It’s not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.
27) Everyone is gifted – but some people never open their package!
28) There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.
29) The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground.
30) When your dreams turn to dust, vacuum.
31) The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
32) Life’s problems wouldn’t be called “hurdles” if there wasn’t a way to get over them.
33) Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.
34) It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not. So start believing in yourself!
35) Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
36) The waiting man gets the wind behind him. So stop rushing into things and plan properly in order to be successful.
37) I’ve learned that I should have told my Mom and Dad that I love & appreciate them more often than I did.
38) I’ve learned that to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
39) I’ve learned that it’s those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular. So start enjoying those little things in life – it does make a difference.
40) I’ve learned that everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.It makes their day, and mine too!
41) I’ve learned that the easiest way for me to grow as a person, is to make sure that I surround myself with people smarter than I am.
42) I’ve learned one very interesting thing about money… it doesn’t buy class
43) I’ve learned that no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with. It kinda brings you back down to earth again.
44) I’ve learned that when you’re in love, it shows. So start loving life, your job and those around you – it makes a huge difference!
45) I’ve learned that sometimes all a person needs in life, is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
46) I’ve learned that life is tough, but I’m tougher!
47) I have learned that when you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
48) I’ve learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.
49) I’ve learned that a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks
50) I’ve learned that the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
51) Did you know that opportunities are never lost? That’s because someone will always take the ones you miss!
52) The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
53) It’s a funny thing about life… if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.
54) Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life.
55) Solid advice: If you always tell the truth, you never have to remember anything!
56) Always laugh when you can. It is cheapest medicine.
57) You could have everything, where would you put it?
58) Borrow money from a pessimist – they don’t expect it back.
59) The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.
60) There is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing a dream.
61) No one is perfect… that’s why pencils have erasers.
62) Great dancers aren’t great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion.
63) Volunteers are not paid – not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless.
64) A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
65) Time goes by so fast, people go in and out of your life. You must never miss the opportunity to tell these people how much they mean to you.
66) Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
67) Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become.
68) Failing to plan means planning to fail. What are your goals?
69) A hug is a great gift – one size fits all, and it’s easy to exchange.
70) The mark of a successful man is one that has spent an entire day on the bank of a river without feeling guilty about it.
71) A genius is a person who shoots at something no one else can see – and hits it.
72) Defeat may test you; it need not stop you. If at first you don’t succeed, try another way. For every obstacle there is a solution. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. The greatest mistake is giving up.
73) Love is when you take away the feeling, the passion, the romance and you find out you still care for that person.
74) There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.
75) Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clear to the bone.
76) Many an opportunity is lost because a man is out looking for four-leaf clovers.
77) Take twice as long to eat half as much.
78) If you cannot help worrying, remember that worrying cannot help you.
79) Perpetual worry will get you to one place ahead of time – the cemetery.
80) There are only two things to worry about, either you are healthy or you are sick. If you are healthy, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you are sick there are only two things to worry about, either you will get well or you will die. If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you die there are only two things to worry about, either you will go to heaven or to hell. If you go to heaven, then there is nothing to worry about. And if you to go hell, you’ll be so darn busy shaking hands with your friends you won’t have time to worry
81) Don’t worry if you are a kleptomaniac… you can always take something for it.
82) The whole world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going.
83) To reach a great height a person needs to have great depth.
84) Bad habits are like a comfortable bed; they are easy to get into, but hard to get out of.
85) A half-baked idea is okay as long as it’s in the oven.
86) Life can either be accepted or changed. If it is not accepted, it must be changed. If it cannot be changed, then it must be accepted.
87) Genius is nothing more than inflamed enthusiasm.
88) Time wastes our bodies and our wits, but we waste time, so we are quits.
89) Forgiveness is me giving up my right to hurt you for hurting me.
90) There are no speed limits on the road to excellence.
91) Any man who knows all the answers most likely misunderstood the questions.
92) You have to do what others won’t. To achieve what others don’t.
93) Achieving starts with believing in yourself.
94) Tears are words the heart can’t express.
95) It is easier to believe a lie that you have heard a thousand times, than the truth which you have only heard once.
96) The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.
97) It will do no good to argue if you’re in the wrong. If you’re right, you don’t need to.
98) Winners make goals, losers make excuses.
99) Be careful of the words you say, keep them soft and sweet; You never know from day to day which ones you’ll have to eat.
100) If you cannot help worrying, remember that worrying cannot help you either. Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. If you worry you die, if you don’t worry you die, so why worry?
I trust these quotations have given you a little more insight into life and inspired you to see that you are in control of your destiny. It’s all about your attitude in life that determines who you become.
Tags: 100 Quotation to Think About, Free E-Books, Free E-Books Wolfgang Riebe Quotations Free Quotations 100 Quotation to Think About, Free Quotations, Quotations, Wolfgang Riebe, www.wolfgangriebe.com